Saturday, July 08, 2006

Never thought I'd see this!

No mistaking it, I am back in the Midwest. This morning I was invited to ride along with a scooter gang - yes, you heard me right, a scooter gang! There were six of them (which I think constitutes a gang.) I was waiting to turn right at an intersection as they passed through, beeping and waving at me - a fellow scooterer.

There were a few cars in between us as I followed them down the road, but I hoped to catch up at a future stoplight. About 2 miles down, I finally did. In the few seconds before the light turned green, one of them yelled the invitation to me, "We're going to Amish Country if you want to come along!"

It was tempting, but I thought, "Dare I ride along with this gang of scooterers that I don't even know? They look harmless enough - not a tattoo or a piece of leather among them - but you never know...." How far was Amish Country anyway? My tank was below a quarter full. I hadn't yet showered and was in my workout clothes so I wasn't prepared for a day out. Could I really take off for this adventure with these strangers?

By then, I had fallen behind again and I came upon the strip mall where Curves was located, so I decided to stick with my original plan. Yet I wonder... what have I missed by not joining them?

Someday, I want to start a scooter gang of my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home