Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Nestled in the hills

I've begun the westward journey today, leaving behind an awful lot of rain. Now I've found a nice little campground in the Allegheny Mountain area in Bedford PA, and will spend a couple of days here, trying to get back on the writing track. I've been a little distracted the last several days, so it's time to get my focus back to see if I can finish at least part of my project before I get all the way back.

This place should be a good spot for me to find that space inside myself again. I see some mountains around the campground, and a nice little lake beside my Beast. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day - just right for taking the laptop lakeside. Might be a few distractions with the family next to me, but even though there are a ton of kids in this family group, they're all cute kids. Maybe they'll inspire me too!

On my other side I met a family from Shanksville, PA - where the plane went down on 9/11. (They're good Lutherans too!) We've already had some good conversation about how that tragic event has changed their community.

Again, I continue to be amazed at how easy it is to meet people on a whole different level traveling this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home