Thursday, July 06, 2006

Bound to happen sooner or later

I really really hate to admit this, but today (ever soooo slightly) I felt a twinge (just a twinge) of homesickness. After almost 9 weeks on the road, there was bound to be that moment, right?

As I was organizing reflections for my writing project, my brain was going in a hundred different directions. There has been so much to my adventure that I need to process and absorb for a while. So I took a walk, which is the best way to slow down my brain.

It was during the walk that the twinge hit. I'm not sure if it was homesickness, or just a yearning for the familiar after so much new stimuli. It was almost as if a clock in my brain went off - "It's time! Time to start heading back for real."

I think what I really need is a good healthy dose of my friends to listen to my stories and then tell me to 'shut up, already!' But it does feel good to know that the time is right. After all, I don't have much choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home