Monday, June 26, 2006

Rain, Rain Go Away

I cannot believe how much rain I've encountered on this whole trip - especially the last few days. Yesterday, I went to Lake Nockamixon State Park near here with my friend Jeff. We were going to take a walk around the lake but it was raining so much we took a drive instead. Last night it rained almost non-stop through the evening and much of the night. This morning I woke up yet again to the sound of the rain on my RV roof. All morning it's been growing increasingly heavier, and the sound of the rain beating on motorhome is becoming like Chinese Water Torture. My tv volume is up so high it's driving me crazy, yet I still can't hear Charlie Gibson well enough to understand him. There are no signs of it letting up either. We haven't had flooding yet in this part of PA where I am, but if this keeps up it may happen soon.

Rain is predicted for the entire week for the entire Eastern area, so I can't even move to get away from it unless I want to drive through the night to get somewhere far, far west of here. I keep telling myself that this is perfect writing weather, which it would be if not for the Chinese Water Torture aspect. Sanity, don't leave me now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home