Saturday, July 08, 2006

2 more signs I'm in the Midwest

In case the scooter gang wasn't enough to remind me that I'm back in the Midwest, listening to the folks here talk will do it. I'm staying at Wolfie's Campground - which is pronounced by the locals as "Woofies."

The cheerleader car wash I passed by also reminded me, with all the blonde blue-eyed Nordic heritage girls who tried to convince me that they could wash my scooter.

Speaking of the scooter... allow one bit of venting.... why is it that some obnoxious people feel compelled to yell out their car windows at a scooter even though I can't understand what they're saying? (Well I did understand 2 words today's chick yelled - one started with "M" and the other with "F.") And even though I'm not anywhere in their way - going opposite directions in fact? It's happened twice - both times young women (I'm being polite by referring to them as such) who had these terribly screwed up UGLY faces that were all twisted up in anger. If they only knew how unbelievably ugly they look when they do that. The chicks on Jerry Springer have nothing on them! Maybe they thought I was casting for the show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home