Saturday, July 15, 2006

Darn computers

Sorry folks, my laptop problems have affected my Sprint Wireless Connection Manager, so I've been unable to get online for the last few days. Fortunately I'm at a campground tonight with WI-FI so I could get online again finally. Bills needed to be paid, and many emails needed to be weeded out and the important ones read.

I'm in Utica, IL tonight, sweating up a flood. Today's travel was so hot I ran the generator for the last couple of hours to get the a/c going in the living compartment. My cab a/c couldn't keep up with the heat being generated in the big metal box we call home. Sure am glad I got my generator fixed before leaving - even though it was a huge expense.

We lucked out getting this campground too. Weekends are tough, and I was fully prepared to find a Wal-Mart parking lot if necessary. But Hickory Hollow had a cancellation, so one space opened up just for me! Somehow things always seem to work out as they need to. I've really been very lucky with campgrounds on this trip, with my spontaneous approach. Today was only the 2nd or 3rd time I had to call more than one campground to find an available site. I really like this one too - would gladly stay here again.

We spent most of this week in St. Louis, and had great fun exploring. Well I had great fun - the boys did their usual sleeping until I got back to give them lots of affection again. Don't know what they'll do when I go back to my normal life and they have much less time with me again.

I'm going to add another post today - an entry I actually wrote yesterday in St. Louis but couldn't get online to add. I'm going to try to get around to answering some of my emails then - but don't know how many I'll get to before my battery gets too weak. So if you're waiting for one from me - sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home