Friday, March 21, 2008

So, we're ending Lent the same way we began - with a cancelled worship service. I ran a quick errand early afternoon, partly so I could see what the roads were like first-hand. They were pretty ugly then already, and we were only halfway through. Time to call it. Good Friday services are always one of my favorites - but I guess I'll have to live without this year. Some folks have asked if we're going to do it tomorrow night but we have Easter vigil with 2 baptisms - no way can I combine the two, nor can I reschedule those baptisms at the last minute. Plus, Good Friday is Friday ... not Saturday. Wouldn't be the same.

Only good thing is that the NCAA tourney games are on, so I can now sit home and watch basketball without interruption. Now if only my picks were better.....

Just another interesting side note (well, interesting to me anyway) - even the birds appear to be sick of this crap. The birds are still coming to the feeder outside my window despite the snow, and there's this pretty little red-headed bird who keeps sitting on the window sill pecking at the window like I'm going to let him in. Poor thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home