Friday, February 29, 2008

Looking forward

It's all Jerry's fault. He planted the seed at our text study this week. "So what are your plans for vacation this year?" None of us in the group had made any plans yet, but it did get me started thinking. The melting icicles outside my door today have added to my vacation wanderlust too. Spring is in the air - I can almost smell it.

My plan this year had been to try to sell the Beast, but circumstances with Moses have been making me rethink that plan. Although he seems to have rebounded a little today (the plain yogurt I bought for him seems to help,) I don't anticipate him being around by summer. Max is so dependent upon him and needy for attention of any kind, that I don't think I can leave him alone at home for any long-term vacation - or he'll pee in every room of the house! So he'll just have to travel with me in the Beast. He's not the best traveler compared to Moses, but he'll be ok as long as he's with me.

So today I've started thinking ahead to vacations for the year. I have so many weddings on the calendar already, I have to get some times blocked out or I'll be scrambling to fit it all in. Of course it all depends upon my parents' health, but as of now the plan is to take a couple of late April weekdays in Philly for a friend's birthday, go home in May for Mother's Day, then take a couple of weeks in late June to hit the southern states I missed on my sabbatical. I can fit in another week in early October, followed by a long weekend for my birthday in December. Since my birthday is on a Saturday this year, that's almost a given. I know I have the Sundays covered (5 off this year) but sure hope I can make the weekdays stretch out enough to fit it all in.

Nothing is set in stone at this point, but it sure helps my mood to be thinking ahead to the possibilities. Summer can't get here soon enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home