Monday, March 03, 2008

Piano Man

I can now die a happy woman. Last night I got to hear Billy Joel sing Piano Man live, and it was so awesome. He began solo on the song and his band came in shortly after, but he was never really solo. Fom the moment we heard those familiar first notes on the piano, the entire audience was singing along. I tell ya, I've never heard a congregation sing a hymn so loud and exuberantly, and without missing a word of the song. It was a very cool thing.

The whole concert was excellent. Billy may look a whole lot older, but his voice is still good and he's such a funny man - something I never knew about him. His demeanor with the audience was so comfortable and he just seemed to have a helluva lot of fun. He definitely did some personal appeals to this Milwaukee crowd too. Early in the show, he introduced one of his songs with the Beer Barrel Polka. Then later, while singing "In the Middle of the Night," the Harley influence broke in as Billy & the band broke out singing "Born to be Wild" and then went back to Billy's song after a stanza or two. So much fun!

I've also never seen a light show quite like that one. There were more spotlights in the BC than I've ever seen before, and they were choreographed well to the music - making it all come alive in a whole new way. The whole thing was just awesome, and was a very welcome distraction for me. Definitely at the top of the list of concerts I've been to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Billy Joel. I like his songs. I like his iconoclasm, (temporarily) retiring from pop music to go classical (even if his classical album was a snoozer). And I like his attitude, which – despite frequent lapses into know-it-allness – has led him in the past to condemn wallet-gouging concert prices. So I was disappointed – but not surprised – to see that the tickets are hard to come by and often sky high. Thankfully I found a website where I found cheap ones.Now I will have the chance to listen to Piano Man, Movin' Out, Only the Good Die Young
Here is the link for who’s interested to found cheap Billy Joel Tickets
http://www.ticketsinventory.com/concert/billy-joel-tickets/
Billy Joel tickets

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home