Sunday, April 29, 2007

Yes!

Got out on the scooter today for the first time this spring. Today was an absolutely beautiful day, and I needed to get my groove on with the little red Vino. So after attending a piano recital at church, and then reading the Sunday paper, it was time to fire her up and see how she ran.

I know a walk would have been better for my body, but this was better for my spirit. I was a little afraid to try starting her, because she'd been sitting in the garage untouched for a good 5 or 6 months. But with a little extra prodding of the button she was ready to ride. We had some smoky stinky exhaust for a several blocks, but eventually her engine cleared out.

I rode around the neighborhood first, just in case the Vino would have some problems. But then we took off down the Menomonee Parkway to Wauwatosa and back. I tell ya, it sure felt free to ride again with the wind blowing through my hair - even the waiting-to-be-waxed hair on my legs! That was kind of a strange sensation... but kind'a cool too. Maybe there's a little earth mother in me after all. But I'll be getting my spring wax soon, and then keeping them clear until next winter's growth again. (Yeah, yeah, I know.... TMI... too bad!)

It just feels good to get into the summer swing again. Long live summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home