Saturday, April 14, 2007

Reliving Sabbatical

What a choice... clean my house or get to work printing out sabbatical photos. It was a hard decision, but I chose the photos. I actually started printing some out a few months ago, but it's time to finish the project. The photo album that Jan gave me has been patiently waiting to be filled. So today I printed out the photos from Gettysburg and New Jersey, along with a few odd miscellaneous ones.

Last year at this time I was getting ready to leave on my journey, so it was appropriate that I relive a little of it today. Just to set the mood, I put a Bon Jovi CD in while going through New Jersey. I think it freaked Max out a little bit though - must have brought back memories for him of cruising down the highway with me singing "Who says you can't go home" at the top of my lungs. Maybe he was afraid we were hitting the road again, because he started tearing around in his neurotic mood. Or maybe he just doesn't like Bon Jovi as much as I do.

My own mind took me back to all those roads we traveled in Pennsylvania and New Jersey less than a year ago now. It was a very good way to spend the day - way better than cleaning. I still have many photos to print out - Niagara Falls, Cherokee, and St. Louis. I also want to print my pics from January's Puerto Rico trip. But I'll have to get more photo paper first.

Since I can't go back on the road this year, I guess I'll have to settle for paging through the Road Trip book....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home