Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Here we go again

My poor Maxie.... his eye tumor has become active again. After a bad month last September when every few days he was in pain and gushing from his eye, he's been really good. The last eye burst was the last weekend of September when it was actually bleeding. My theory is that the blood vessel feeding the tumor must have broken (hence the bleeding) and that the tumor had gone dormant. So my sweet neurotic Max was almost back to his old self.

This evening reality has come back to slap us both in the face. I should have known this was coming. For the last few days Max has been especially clingy and there's been a little wetness in the corner of his eye. But it was still a shock when I saw him come running upstairs to find me with his face dripping again. I'm hoping this will follow the pattern of last fall, and that tomorrow he'll be back to normal for several days again before another eye burst, but the gushing is lasting a bit longer this time around. I guess I'll just have to keep close watch on him again to see how things go.

So for tonight, Curves can wait. Max only wants me when he's in pain and feeling scared, so I need to stay put on the recliner for him this evening. He's finally found a comfortable position after lots of squirming and shuddering. He also seems to want the blanket over him to keep his eyes sheltered from the light too. It's the least a mother can do for her poor baby, right? (Yeah, I fully admit that I'm pathetic.... but he IS my baby.)

At least this time I feel better prepared too. I know what to expect and what to watch for. I also have had much more time with Max than I ever expected when I got the word about his tumor last August. But I do still dread the day when I have to finally decide to call Dr. Tom. In the meantime, I'll keep loving my little guy and hoping for more good nights of being purred to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home