Saturday, April 28, 2007

Debunking the myth

Man, anyone who thinks girls talk all the time and boys don't has obviously never spent any time with my kids from church! Today we spent half the day together, and my ears are just about bleeding. All the way up to Mequon in my car.... nonstop talk from all directions at once. All the while we were raking and shoveling gravel... nonstop talk from even more kids at once. All the way back, all through our pizza lunch.... nonstop talk. It amazes me how they just don't run out of things to say. There was only one girl in the bunch, so it was all boys talking ... all the time.

But what amazes me even more is that they'll all be talking to me at the same time, and think I'm going to hear every conversation. Wow. I am worn out. This is why I'm claiming the Beast for my quiet time on our youth trip this summer. They can all sleep in the tents while I will get some blissful quiet time at night in the RV. God bless Tom & Beth, because they'll be out in the tents with the kids. I love my kids, but I value my peace. whew....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home