Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Winter that had No End!

It sure is pretty to look outside my office and see all the fresh white snow. The bright yellow daffodils are such a striking contrast, bowing down under the weight of this heavy snowfall. But, damn.... I'm sick of all this "prettiness." It's April 12, fer pete's sake! I want to put away my winter clothes and start wearing shorts & sandals again. I want to get out walking so I can try to work off my hibernation weight gain. I want to open my windows and let my cats sniff the fresh air all day.

The timing on all this extended winter crap really sucks too. Of course it has to come when I'm driving long distances. I spent Monday driving north to visit the folks, with a couple of campground visits on the way. (I'm trying to find a place to park the Beast for the summer season.) So I'm truckin' around the campground in the snow and mud, imagining what it looks like when things are green and sunny. Good thing I have a good imagination. But even that wasn't as bad as the drive back to Milwaukee yesterday.

I left Edgar thinking, "Hey April winter storms can't be as bad to drive in as January winter storms." Well it wasn't .... but it was bad enough that I had to stop in Westfield to knock the chunks of ice off my windshield wipers and headlights. It was bad enough that you couldn't tell if the road was getting slick or just full of choppy snow/ice mix. It just made for a really irritating drive home. And it made me more determined than ever that my next move will be to a southern climate.

My spring fever is worse than ever.... I just wish it was really spring!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home