Monday, April 09, 2007

Post Holiday Reflections

I've sadly neglected writing any additions here as we entered the marathon also known as Holy Week (aka Hell Week). Even now I'm not in a terribly creative place, but I do want to reflect a little on this past week.

A few observations on Holy Week this year.... first, I was far less stressed than I think I ever have been. I'm not sure if it was because I'm finally hitting my stride, or if it was some little bit of complacency entering in, or if I just finally have it all figured out. Either way, I was able to enjoy it more than usual. And we did a damn good job! Everything came together beautifully.

I do like it when Holy Week can actually be a time for me to get something out of it too. Good Friday worked amazingly well for that. And Easter? Fabulous! Good crowds, great kids in their adorable Easter outfits, loads of yummy egg bakes at our Easter breakfast (which alone makes everything worthwhile...), good music, and I think I had a pretty decent sermon too.

But now I do need to get a little rest. I really do put out a lot of energy with every service, every sermon. Last year at this time I didn't have a whole lot of rest time since I kicked into high gear preparing for my sabbatical. But this year? I'm kickin' back for a while.

Speaking of.... I'm going home to see the folks for a few days. So the writing will again have to wait until I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home