Saturday, May 13, 2006

Rediscovering my youth, and lack thereof

One of the smartest things I've done so far on this trip is stop at the Eddie Bauer outlet to buy a raincoat. Of course it would have been smarter if I had worn a sweatshirt underneath it today while riding my scooter home in the rain, instead of just a long sleeved shirt. But that shirt was still dry when I got home even though my pants were wet from just above the knees down. The second smartest thing I did was pack the hot chocolate and butterscotch cream. I definitely needed to warm up when I got back.

But today I sure did feel like a kid again. I rode my scooter quite a bit - to go to Curves in Lewiston this morning and to go to Fort Niagara Park in Youngstown this afternoon. The sun was shining bright when I left for the park and I spent some time sitting and watching the sun shine on Lake Ontario. It was such a beautiful shade of blue, and incredibly calm. There was one lone sailboat and a couple of power boats, and far out I could see a ship. But other than that it was just miles and miles of blue.

Of course, at Fort Niagara I was reminded of my lack of youth. My ankle, that I wrenched in a hole in a parking lot a couple of days ago, didn't like all the uneven walks and floors in those 300 year old buildings. And of course there was a group of high school kids there on a trip that made me definitely feel my age! But heck, I was riding a scooter home! Yes, I am still a kid.... even when I ride in the rain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home