Monday, May 08, 2006

On our way rejoicing

I guess it's time for me to finally get some news on this blog. We actually got going on Saturday - pulled out of our courtyard at 3:30 in the afternoon. So it was only about 3 hours later than I wanted to get going, but oh well. Some things take longer to get ready than I anticipate. I didn't want to go very far the first day anyway, because I wanted to break the boys in slowly.

They've adjusted way faster this time than last summer. Max was out and about and up on the seats while we were traveling the very first day. Moses stayed under the seat on Saturday but was back to his wandering soul on Sunday. It's funny how he doesn't do much but sleep at home, but here in the Beast he's all over the place. So far he hasn't let me sleep through a night yet either - wanting to be affectionate and getting attention. Max, on the other hand, has been sleeping most of the trip so far. Of course they're both zonked out now as I write.

I'm taking our start slowly as we get going. The first day we only went a few hours to western Illinois so I could avoid Chicago. Yesterday we traveled east, and are now south of Chicago on I-80. I've discovered that I'm taking longer to adjust this time than the boys. My plan had been to go further yesterday, but 3-4 hours of driving the Beast is about all I want to do right now. Today we're actually going to stay put too, so I can start to do some real sabbatical things. I want to really rest for the first time - no packing, cleaning, sorting, or planning. Just being. I like just being. Yesterday was the first day I didn't just feel exhausted, so today I'm hoping to start feeling energized.

I think I may even get out on the Vino to go find a Curves and work out today. Then it will be back to my home sweet mobile home to do some reading/writing or whatever I am so motivated to do. Tomorrow we begin more of the journey - hopefully hitting the Great Lakes route, so I can do some "water reflecting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home