Friday, May 12, 2006

An Excellent Day

This was an excellent day! Despite the predictions of a rainy weekend here in the Falls area, I awoke to beautiful sunshine. So I changed my plans for the day. When I was thinking it would be overcast and rainy, my plans were to spend the day doing a lot of settling in, errand running, and resting. The tour was going to wait for tomorrow which was supposed to be better.

However, I decided to do the grand tour this morning while the sun shone. While waiting, I got to know some of my campground neighbors, Bill & Donna, who were also waiting for the tour. They're from Texas, and were incredibly helpful with some advice. And it didn't stop there.

Our tour was meant to be a four to four and a half hour tour. Sheri, our guide, was feeling no rush though. Since it's the off-season, she extended our tour and added in some nice extras. We ended up spending 6 hours seeing the sites. Our group was excellent also, with people from New Jersey, Pennsylvania, California, Maryland and Germany. We had some good conversations along the way, and the weather was perfect.

I was in awe of the power of that water, both in the Falls themselves, but also the rapids leading up to them. We saw it from all angles, including underneath with our ride on the Maid in the Mist. Absolutely amazing experience! I would gladly take another day like this anytime.

When we got back to our campground - about 2 hours later than I expected - Bill & Donna helped me get my scooter off the carrier and then to open up all the awnings on my Beast. This was something I hadn't attempted before by myself, so I had no idea what kind of shape they'd be in. Thankfully they're all in good condition, and I'm now a little more practiced at all things RV. Bill & Donna even went to the campstore to check on whether there were any awning poles to be used for opening and closing. They not only had one, they had an extra one that someone had left behind, and the campground owners gave it to me. Hey, free is always good!

Life is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home