Friday, April 28, 2006

Fortune Cookie Wisdom

"From the garden of your dreams many things will blossom." What a perfect fortune cookie to get right before I set off on my sabbatical in search of some dreams! I stopped at Chin's for lunch yesterday between communion visits and errands, and that was the greeting in my cookie.

I do have many dreams for this adventure... both personal and professional. I want to see where my creative soul can take me with writing. I'm hoping to come back with some new ideas and energy for my congregation. There are new ideas for worship waiting for me to explore to bring back here. My goals include writing some devotional material for my congregation, and finding lots of new stories to support sermons in the years to come. I'd LOVE to be able to write some things that can be used beyond my congregation.

But most of all, I really dream of what might be. What might be around the next bend or over the next mountain. What might be in the next town. What might be in my life. I've never been one to just 'stay put' and maintain my way through life. That bores me. It drains me. I want to see what's out there. So let's see what might be.

I certainly hope many things blossom from all these dreams. How can it not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home