Friday, June 09, 2006

I'm over it!




OK, mourning period is over. While I still miss Emerald Isle, Mt. Pleasant, SC is right up there on the list too! This place is more built up, but so much fun! I love it here too. Today I just wanted to get my bearings around the place, but I ended up having a great time.

After exploring some of the back streets, I checked out the Visitor Center and found out that there's a 72-yr-old nun who rides her moped through the town - so I'm in good company here! I then headed over to the marina to find the water taxi for tomorrow. While there I got quite a show from some pelicans on posts in the water (see the pic - for those of you who are thinking these photos are small and out of focus, click on them and you'll see them big & clear!)

Then came the best part of all - the perfect burger! I mean really, the absolute perfect awesome burger! I decided to have dinner at Art's Bar & Grill in honor of one of my building chairmen (had a beer for you too, Art.) Art's has an outdoor bar & eating area too, which made it a definite stop. They grind their own meat for their burgers every day, and I had one that was crusted with peppercorns and served with a blue cheese dressing. I knew when the juice was running down the side as I picked it up that it would be good. One bite and I was in heaven! The company was very good too, as I chatted for a couple of hours with Ben the Bartender and a couple who are in the process of moving to Mt. Pleasant from Hermosa Beach, CA. Yes, this place is so great that even California residents are moving here.

Nothing like a perfect burger to get me over my grief. Tomorrow I try the Art's Wings - a blend of hot sauce & blue cheese marinade. That just might put me over the top. :-)

(By the way, I'm including a photo of my home away from home all set up, for those of you who are curious.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home