Thursday, June 01, 2006

Thankful for these things


Today I am thankful for laptops, a gazebo, and ocean breezes. My back is still feeling a bit crunchy with the sunburn of 2 days ago, so I am hesitant to spend any time on the beach without an umbrella. But thankfully, there is a gazebo overlooking the ocean from the top of the dune. I have moved my collapsible chair there to park myself with my laptop.

Here in the cool shade and ocean breeze, I am finally finding my focus to write. I don't know if what I'm writing is any good or not, but it's coming anyway. Yes, I could do this inside the cool comfort of the Pink Beast, but my inspiration is here with my Spirit Source. Now if I could only find a way to move the ocean to Milwaukee. I think I'd get my sermons done in no time at all! Hmmmm.... maybe I should be writing all my sermons for the next year while I'm here. Sure would make my Saturday nights less stressful once I get back. Not a bad idea. Then in the future I could use my continuing education weeks to find an ocean and do another year's worth of sermons. Not a bad idea.

Anyway, I am still in love with Emerald Isle. Last night I took a walk along the beach for a half hour to just pray and think and reflect again. Seems easier to do that in the evening than the mornings yet. You never know what you'll see either. There was a fisherman out on the beach with his poles planted in the sand, and on the return route of my walk I saw that he had a crowd around him. He had reeled in a big ol' stingray that was flopping around on the sand as he tried to find a way to get it back out into the deeper waters. I've never seen one before other than in pictures. It was pretty cool, but made me wonder how much I want to go back into the ocean again. I was just out in those waters the day before, and he wasn't out that deep. Oh well, I'm not going to let that keep me out of the water, I guess. My crunchy back is doing that too much as it is!

Hopefully the spray-on 45 sunblock that I bought yesterday will help me get back out there later today or for sure tomorrow. I can't stay out too long! In the meantime, this gazebo may be my home for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home