Friday, May 26, 2006

A cross section of time

I'm discovering that campgrounds are entirely different animals on weekends - especially holiday weekends like this one. Not only is the place full of RV's and tents, but there are a ton o' kids around! And every one of them has a bike, it seems, except for the one a few campsites away from me who brought his electric guitar instead. Puh-leeze! Why would his parents let him bring an electric guitar & amp along for a weekend of camping? He sure wasn't playing camp songs either. Thankfully when I got back from my walk, the kid & the guitar were gone, or at least put away inside their RV. Now hopefully the basketball court behind my site will empty out when quiet hours begin.

But hey, at least I have a place on this busy weekend. And I'm looking forward to exploring Colonial Williamsburg tomorrow. From Civil War to Revolutionary War. I seem to be going back further in time. That's ok with me though. I do like history, and hearing the stories of those who have gone before us. It really makes me appreciate all that I have - even neighbors with electric guitars!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home