Sunday, May 21, 2006

Call me crazy...

....but I was kind'a diggin' Jersey as I drove through today on my way to the Philly area. Hey, any state that produces Springsteen and Bon Jovi must be a good place. I just was getting a good vibe on the road there. Didn't hurt that Jersey had the cheapest gas I've seen in a while. It was about 15-20 cents a gallon less than Connecticut or Pennsylvania. Cheap is good - relatively speaking anyway.

I'm looking forward to spending some time along the Jersey shore later this summer too - whether it be this week or after my writing class. I'm not sure when I'm going to hit it. It depends on how much time I want to have for the Carolinas I guess. I'm going to take a few days here though to do some exploring and looking ahead. I feel like I raced through New England, so I want to slow my pace down a bit. I even cleaned the Beast tonight - she needed a good vacuuming.

Mystic, CT was a great place to slow things down too. Beautiful waterfronts, nice scenery, fun things to do. Mystic Pizza left a lot to be desired, but I had to try it. No Julia Roberts in residence though. My Vino got a good workout riding through the countryside there, and my butt felt it on Saturday night. But it sure was worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home