Sunday, April 20, 2008

One of those nagging questions

Today I got an answer to one of the mysterious questions of life that never seems to go away: can communion wafers get stale? After all, they're pretty much like cardboard anyway.

Well, this morning for the first time in many years, our communion bread didn't show up for worship. We keep wafers on hand for just that thing, because it used to happen much more frequently. I also use them for my shut-in visits. At the early service, our wafers were from a ziploc baggie and they were about like expected. But the second service we had fresh ones from a newly opened package. Snap! Yes, it is possible! These were much fresher.

Best part of the service today was watching the reactions as people realized they were getting wafers instead of bread. Priceless....

(I still plan to share some of Dad's stories, but it has been quite busy lately. I will try to get them on this week sometime though.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home