Friday, February 08, 2008

Psalm for the 13th Month of Winter

UNCLE! I'm crying UNCLE! Please no more winter!!! Aughhhhh.... we're supposed to get another 1-3 inches of snow tonight followed by an Arctic blast of subzero temps this weekend. I just don't know how much more I can take. I'm beginning to feel like the psalmist who wrote Psalm 13 - "How long, O Lord, how long?"

So I have been inspired to re-write Psalm 13:

Psalm during the 13th month of winter
Prayer for Deliverance from snow
1How much, O Lord? Will you dump snow on me for ever? How long will you hide your sun from me? 2How long must I bear clouds in my soul, and have cold in my bones all day long?How long shall winter storms be forced upon me?

3Consider and answer me, O Lord my God! Give warmth to my body, or I will be frozen and buried, 4and winter will say, ‘I have prevailed’; the snows will rejoice because I am covered.
5But I trust in your promise of spring; my heart shall rejoice in your summer someday. 6 I will sing to the Lord, because he will melt the snow and send us some heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home