Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The "Gift" that keeps Returning

It figures.... this damn gift began arriving every year when I was teaching.... I keep hoping I'll finally be able to resist receiving it, but every year it keeps returning.... the dreaded after-Christmas Cold. I knew I was in trouble last night when I went to bed and felt an annoying tickle in the throat. When I woke up the morning, it had arrived.

You would think I would have learned by now - take Airborne before the Christmas services, and maybe even the week before. I drank a glass of it this morning, but it's probably too late. All I can do is hope that it still boosts my immune system enough to fight off a worse cold yet. The problem is, my system fights against it all on its own every year until the day after Christmas. Then as soon as I relax - wham! Every infectious germ I have picked up in the month of December bands together to attack me. Crap.

I'm not admitting defeat yet. I am still going to try to do something fun this week before being completely grounded by the damn cold. Wonder if they have a place I can return this "gift?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home