Thursday, July 09, 2009

Thankful for the time

Tonight I had a funeral at church, and one of the women there asked if I had seen the obit in the Journal Sentinel about a guy riding his bike on Route 66 who was killed on his journey. I looked it up now tonight, and found the obit - a man from Kenosha who rode his motorcycle the whole way. He had actually finished the Route and was on his way back when he crashed his bike.

I found his blog and saw that he was leaving on his adventure as I was arriving at the Santa Monica Pier, so we didn't cross paths. However, we did cross dreams. I am very happy that at least he managed to finish the Mother Road and fulfill that dream. I am also very thankful that I managed to do so safely and make it back home to share the stories. Mostly I am just thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home