Friday, January 30, 2009

Why, why, WHY?

Will someone please tell me what kind of doctor would do fertility treatments for a single mom who already has SIX children? And what kind of doctor will not only do fertility treatments for said mom, but will implant EIGHT embryos to make sure she gets a baby out of deal?

I'm sorry, but that is the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard. Anyone who already has six children has no need of fertility treatments. And the fact that she's a single (young) mom living with her parents - even more so! So now that single mom has 14, yes FOURTEEN children.

Don't know who I'm more angry at about that - the mom who made this choice, or the doctor who agreed to it. Absolutely, ethically, financially.... the most irresponsible, idiotic thing I have ever heard of.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, wonder of wonders, I am actually on the same exact page as you on this issue!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I can't imagine many people who would be on another page. This is just common sense! In fact, there was a thing on the news last night about some who are saying it borders on malpractice.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Did you see she now has a Web site asking for donations?!?!?!?

7:48 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

Yes I did see that - and also that the hospital has applied to CA Medicare to pay for the bills, which will likely be over $1million. Since this woman obviously has no money to pay that bill or insurance to cover it, I think they should make the irresponsible doctor who made the decision to implant all those embryos into an obviously unstable woman incapable of caring for all those kids physically OR financially be responsible for the medical bills!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home