Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow again! But this time I'm thankful for it...

The weatherman just announced that we have already had 16 and a half inches of snow for the month of December. Basically, we've been dumped on by at least a couple of inches every other day. A call to North Carolina is looking better and better all the time!

But today I was more than happy to have an unexpected snow day. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow so having an excuse to work at home was not a bad thing. (I should have really checked my calendar first.... I totally spaced out a meeting I had scheduled with one of my parishioners until 5 minutes after we were scheduled to meet. Add cell phones to my thankfulness list, as I was able to call him and apologize profusely for being such a flake.) In between doing work emails and finishing newsletter stuff, I also did some housecleaning and a load of laundry to get ready for a few days away. It will be nice to come home to a somewhat clean house and some clean clothes waiting for me. Plus my cats have had some quality time with me before I abandon them again.

The winter storm also turned out to be far less hazardous than predicted. The freezing rain stayed mostly to the south, which meant we just got a lot of beautiful white peaceful snow. Sitting in my recliner with Max on my lap, I was able to thoroughly enjoy looking out the window at the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen! Although the same weatherman said they were "aggregate" snowflakes... meaning lots of them clumped together to look like one big one. I don't care - they just looked beautiful. And as far as I'm concerned, this is the only good thing about snow.... sitting inside watching it fall.

So I can be thankful this time, knowing I'm flying out of it tomorrow! And on another related note - this morning I actually heard a different weather guy say "spreading over" instead of "overspreading." YAYYYYY! At least one weather person in this city knows correct grammar.

Now off to pack for my vacation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home