Monday, November 19, 2007

More Thankfulness

OK, so on my drive home I was thinking about what else I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for Elvis. Why, you might ask? I'm certainly no Elvis groupie, but the song "Calling Elvis" by Dire Straits was playing on World Cafe as I was driving and I realized that, yeah... I'm thankful for Elvis. Sometimes when I'm in a certain mood, an Elvis song will play that just hits me right and makes me smile. Or if it's "A Little Less Conversation" it most certainly gets me pumped up no matter what mood I'm in. Besides, Elvis has influenced countless other musicians over the years - musicians I'm even more thankful for.

I'm thankful too for Honeycrisp apples. They are by far the best apples ever invented - and yes they were invented. They are the result of cross-breeding 2 different apples (don't ask me which ones.... can't remember at this moment.) There is not an apple that is juicier, sweeter, crisper. One bite and you're hooked. I really have a hard time eating other apples anymore.

I'm thankful for Spider Solitaire - maybe a little too thankful. I try to rationalize all the hours I spend playing it by saying I'm fighting off Alzheimer's by exercising my mind. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

I'm thankful for best friends (like Linda) who love me no matter what and who have been my life forever. Can't exist without them!

More to come, I'm sure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kris, I'm thankful for Spider, too! I spend way too much time playing it.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Chilly Fingers said...

Kris, I'm Disciples of Christ, and I'm a little east of Raleigh, NC...born in NC and I love it too!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home