Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A few other things I've learned so far....

What's logical isn't always right. But you keep going and eventually you'll get there even if you do have to adjust your plans ... and be later than you want.

Drinking raspberry Crystal Light out of my water bottle gives me a red mustache like a little kid w/a kool-aid mustache. Thankfully I learned that early, before it got really bad. Guess I'll stick w/the lemonade, or else use a straw.

Despite the sometimes confusing signage, there's no better way to see the real America than driving Route 66 - or other similar routes. Every time I got off the freeway, I found myself letting out a sigh of relief. The Mother Road really is accurately named. "Mother" gives a sense of security, safety, peace. The Mother Road - when not traveling through totally overbuilt or kitschy areas - is peaceful. There's a sense of being "home." You learn about where we've been, who we are, and where we really are all going. Mother's teaching.

So it's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home