Monday, November 19, 2007

What I am Thankful For

OK, time to start thinking holiday stuff here. It's been hard for me to get into the holiday mood yet - partly because I just want to resist it. I'm feeling a bit like a noncomformist lately. (Lately??) But I do have to preach at the Thanksgiving service in 2 days as it's our turn to host the joint service this year. So I better start conforming a little, I guess.

What am I thankful for? I'm thankful for 41 boxes of food to feed 41 needy families.

I'm thankful for good friends, even if we only manage to get together for dinners out a couple of times a year - like this past Saturday. I'm thankful for Crawdaddy's, where we had our twice annual dinner out this time. I had forgotten how much I like that place since I haven't been there in well over a year or two. And speaking of Crawdaddy's, I'm very thankful for blackened swordfish - one of the rare seafoods I like (but I really like it a lot!)

I'm thankful for my kids at church, because they never cease to amaze me in one way or another. Most of the time it's good, but I must admit sometimes the 'amazement' is not a good thing. I'm still thankful for them anyway. :-)

I'm thankful for my kids at home - the four legged kind. I'm thankful for their warm furry bodies, and purring in my ear, and faces pushed into mine insisting on attention. I could do without whiny cat cries or litter boxes, but that's a small price to pay for the benefits I get in exchange.

I'm thankful for my home. Other than my childhood home, this is the longest I have stayed at one address and I am not sick of it yet. Home improvements have been slower than I like, but that's all the more reason to stay put for a while longer. This is really the place I have felt most "at home" in my life, and I am very happy with that.

Speaking of home... it's time for me to go there. Guess I'll have to ponder a bit more about what I'm thankful for and come back to this topic later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home