Monday, June 25, 2007

Ahhhhhhhh Sweet Silence!

Yes, I knew there was a reason I am using the RV for this youth trip. As a woman who lives alone, and is used to my own space and peace, this is going to help me keep my sanity. Not that the kids have been a problem.... they've been awesome so far. I just get worn out from all the talking.

They really have been excellent travelers. They've been patient as meals have been delayed for various reasons. (I forgot that running the a/c and the microwave at the same time blows a fuse in the Beast....) They've been patient as we've waited for a not-so-bright desk person to get me checked in at the latest RV park. They've been patient as we've had the whole group working together to get through the Lincoln Museum - which is awesome also, by the way. They've just been all around good campers. Tents aren't all that much fun so far - but at least they can stay up now for 3 nights in a row.

We're just outside of St. Louis, and I'm using a free hour of WI-FI. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have some guest bloggers as we process our first day in the city. Until then....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home