Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Official!

The Pink Beast is now officially the property of Jeanne and Brian. They are happy as clams with the deal they got (her repairs were not nearly as much as I feared they may be.) I am happy as a clam that between the insurance and the actual sale I got more than I thought I'd get, plus I have no more storage or maintence costs, plus I know she's in a very good home. I can even visit her if I want! Best part of all - they have a dog named Max, so there will still be a traveling Max.

It's still kind of bittersweet though..... maybe I should have just done those repairs myself and kept using my refuge and safe place. Maybe I would have more time next year to do the trips I still wanted to do. She served me well and I had some great adventures in her.

But overall, there is a sense that this door is closed and it's ok. Time for the next door to open. And I wonder what Brian and Jeanne will name her? This weekend they'll be doing their first camping trip with her, so I hope she comes back named. I can hardly wait to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home